cowgirls

cowgirls

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Oh, Horse Feathers!

 
The logical side of my brain was saying, alcohol and hot glue don't mix, but the silly drunken side of my brain was saying, who cares if it's two in the morning and our beds are covered in wood chips and sequins.
 
Me and Thelma left the pavilion carrying two, unfinished, wooden stick horses back to our trailer to decorate with craft supplies we brought from home. There would be a contest on Saturday, and prizes would be awarded for the top three "best in show" horses. Well, y'all know how we like winning...
 
The average artsy-fartsy kind of person would probably have a ball of yarn on hand to create a mane for a stick horse. Not us. We ain't average.  Me and Thelma may not know how to straddle a real horse, but our stick horses were gone sho nuff look as close to real as you could get.  That's when Thelma whipped out a package of hair weaves/extensions. That's when I lost it. I don't know when I've laughed so hard.


What's a horse mane without braids and feathers?



 

By the time we finished, it looked like Hobby Lobby had thrown up inside Bella. There was fringe, pom poms, rhinestones, felt, glue strings, sequins, ribbon, appliques, buttons, feathers, and strands of pearls...enough to decorate an entire stable full of stick horses. 
 
Disclosure:  I Google'd horseshit tack before we could place the accessories. What. I ain't never been on a horse before. I didn't know a bridle from a harness.  Still don't. I barely remember enough to tell this story, ha.
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment