cowgirls

cowgirls

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sister Sister-in-Law x 2

Sisters on the Fly was originated by two sisters, and the group has grown to include several pairings of actual sisters. But, if I were a gamblin' woman, I would wager there are no two "Sisters" like who I am about to describe.
 
Our names alone confuse the average person: Donna Pritchett Smith and Cindy Smith Pritchett. When Cindy first approached me about joining SOTF it didn't take me long to realize that this would be a perfect opportunity for our relationship to flourish even more. We have been sister-in-laws for 33 years and double sister-in-laws for 32 years. I married her brother in 1979, and she married my brother in 1980. We share the same in-laws, our children are double first cousins, and our children have the same grandparents. This family arrangement is convenient in many aspects yet can be equally as awkward. And confusing. Let's not forget confusing.
 
And if that's not confusing enough, the Sisters in this group refer to one another as Sister So & So. But, if you are a sister to a real sister, she would be called Sister Sister So & So, ha. So, in our case Cindy and I would refer to one another as Sister Sister-in-Law. Now, if I was a drankin' woman, I would imagine after a couple of the SOTF's signature Lemon Drop Martinis rimmed in superfine sugar and lemon zest, ha, I might would stumble trying to pronounce, Sister Sister-in-Law Cindy. That's a whole lot of SSSSS's-sound. Again, that's if I were a drankin' woman.
 
I aim to share more about our unique relationship in future posts. For now I need to get back to painting a sign for our makeshift bar, an antique ironing board. I understand it is just the right height to belly up to, you know, if a Sister wanted to mosey on over to wet her whistle, ha.

 
Yippee-Ki-Yay, y'all!



 

4 comments:

  1. I love it:). You are the best sister sister-in-law x 2 any sister could ever have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you two! And a bit envious...

    ReplyDelete